"When cooking, follow your own taste. When baking, follow directions."-Laiko Bahrs
1 pocket of instant yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2 cups of warm (not hot!) water
3 cups of vegetable,canola or sunflower oil (for frying)
1/3 cup of oil in a small bowl
big pinch of salt (about a teaspoon)
-chopped onions (green onions, red onions)
-chorizos sausages, chopped
-anything else and everything else you would put on a pizza......
- Mix flour, instant yeast, salt in a big bowl. Add the milk and the water slowly to form a soft dough. Knead well, until bubbles form. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen cloth, and let it rest for about 20 minutes (or until it doubles in volume).
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Test the temperature by dropping a small ball of dough into it: if it fizzles up and doubles in size almost immediately, the oil is hot enough.
- Dip your fingers into the oil (NOT the hot one, silly, the one in the small bowl) and scoop up a handful of dough, forming it into a round ball. Flatten the ball, and work it with your fingers round and round, spreading it into a flat round, about the size of a pancake.
- Drop the flattened dough into the oil. It will spread and rise, so fry them one at the time. If you have enough oil in the skillet, there is no need to turn the dough: it will fry to a golden brown on both sides quickly.
- Remove from the oil with a tongue and let the oil drip well.